22 Aug 5 Tips for Choosing the Best Home Window Replacement
If you’re interested in exterior remodeling to improve the look of your home, new house windows offer great advantages to your resale value and quality of life. Newer windows are more energy efficient. For those in the Chicago area, old, drafty windows add to the cost of heating and air conditioning the home. When you do decide to replace your home’s windows, there are a lot of choices. Here are some tips to get you started:
5 Tips for Your Home Window Replacement Project
- Architectural Integrity. Your window replacements should compliment the architecture of your home. For instance, if you have an older Queen Ann style home or a brick bungalow, you’ll want to work with your window replacement service to find new, energy efficient windows which compliment the architecture.
- Energy Efficiency. Energy efficiency is one of the chief reasons to replace older windows. Research the newer windows, ask questions about how they’re sealed and the types of glass used to better keep your heat and air inside, where it belongs.
- Interior Design. Your windows don’t just impact the exterior appearance of your home. Great windows can improve the interior of a room in astounding ways, from opening a lovely view to adding a decorative flair and focal piece.
- Ventilation. Windows weren’t just created to let the sunlight in; they also offer a cross breeze. It’s important to pay attention to how windows allow ventilation.
- Light Source / View. The type of window can be influenced by the outside light source and, in cases of bathrooms, privacy issues from the outside.
Are You Looking for a Window Replacement Service You Can Trust?
Aspen Exterior Remodeling services Chicago’s Northwest Suburbs, including Arlington Heights, Mount Prospect, Hoffman Estates, and Northbrook, among others. Contact us today to discuss your window needs.