17 Sep Choosing the Right Contractor for Your Exterior Remodeling Project
Choosing the right siding contractor is an important decision. You want a company that can provide expert service on a dependable schedule. It’s not only a matter of cost, but also quality. For customers who don’t know very much about construction, this can be a daunting job. The important thing is to do your research on the company and the project you want completed. Whether you’re interested in home window replacement or siding contractors, there’s information readily available online and through reputable sources so that you can be prepared to vet your contractors.
Here we’d like to offer some tips to help you in hiring just the right contractors for this job and many projects to come.
Tips to Choose the Right Exterior Remodeling Contractors
Not all contractors are created equal. As professionals in the business, we can tell you that there are many wonderful and talented craftsmen, but there are just as many fly by night outfits that don’t stand by their work. It’s important that you vet any contractors you’re working with – price will of course be a factor, but the lowest price isn’t always the best indicator, either. Often workers who underbid jobs will skimp on important supplies, which will mean a lower quality of work for your home. Here are some tips to help in your search.
- Always Ask For Samples. Any reputable contractor should be able to provide you with samples and references. Many contractors will make these freely available on their website or other marketing materials. If they don’t have a website, they should be able to provide you with good quality photos and references.
- Verify Their License.A reputable contractor will be in good standing with the Better Business Bureau and will be fully licensed and bonded for the work.
- Experience. In a larger company, ask what the level of experience is in the contractors who will be working on your home. Often they’ll have crews which include seasoned professionals. You should also be able to verify that the company has experience working on the type of project you’re hiring them to complete.
- Terms and Conditions. Do they offer a guarantee of their work? What happens if they replace your roof and it leaks in a year or two? A good contractor stands behind their work and will offer you guarantees of the quality.
- Knowledgeable About Manufacturers. Your contractor should be a consummate professional. They should be able to explain the differences between different manufacturers and help you make the best decisions on which types of home window replacement to use or which exterior siding is the best for your home.
- References and Reviews. If you do a little research, you should be able to find reviews of the contractor through different online sites. Many contractors will also include client testimonials on their website and you can ask for a list of references, as well. Sometimes the best reference will be by asking neighbors who have had work done.
- Permits and Insurance. Your contractor should be able to provide permits for work and verify that all work will pass your area’s building code inspection. This is important because your home will need to be up to code in the event that you sell. They should also be able to provide you proof of insurance for their company and all of their employees on your job.
Looking for a Reputable Exterior Remodeling Company?
If you’re looking for a reputable exterior remodeling company with years of experience, Aspen Exterior Company is happy to help with your project. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your current or future needs.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.